SLB Tours Policies
About SLB Tours
Event Sign-Ups, Kits, and Posts
- Event sign-ups will be e-mailed out via MailChimp and posted in the group Facebook page as they become available. Event sign-ups typically stay open for one week, or until filled. Bloggers may choose which tours they would like to participate in or not.
- A “welcome” email will be sent out to bloggers/reviewers accepted to participate in an event. If you are not accepted on the tour, a “thank you for your interest” email will be sent to you.
- Event kits are typically posted the Friday before the event begins, unless otherwise noted. This information can be found on the SLB Tour Event Kits Blog.
- Note: All events are capped. This means that not all bloggers/reviewers that apply will be able to participate in the event.
- When your post/review goes live, please email your link to me.
- If you are already reading and reviewing a book that SLB Tours is hosting, please feel free to still join the event and re-post your review.
SLB Tours Events
As an event participant, you agree to post any materials, including author interviews, author’s top 10 favorite list, 10 behind the scenes facts about the book, book snippet, review, etc. on your assigned day. I provide a GoogleDoc within the event sign-up form where you can select your post date for any given event. I try to accommodate all that would like to participate in any given event. Please note that events are capped and not all bloggers/reviewers may be allowed on tour. Bloggers/reviewers will be chosen on a first come first serve basis.
Bloggers/Reviewers are welcome, but not required to attend Facebook Parties.
Reviews and FTC Disclosure
- Print and/or e-copies of a book are provided for an honest review by authors and/or publishers. The format of the book available will be determined by what the author/publisher is willing to provide. According to the FTC guidelines, it is against the law for groups/publishers to demand a positive review.
- E-book formats include mobi, ePub, and PDF.
- If you feel you cannot give a book a 3+ review, I would ask that you contact me and post a book spotlight/promotional post instead.
- SLB Tours requests that your review be fair and honest, as this is indicated to authors when they request an event. For your review, please write at least a brief paragraph. I would recommend at least 75 words or more. Say more than just “I liked it” or “I didn’t like it.” Explain what you liked or disliked about the book and why you would recommend it to others. (https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/704/1/)
- SLB Tours does not always have time to preview books before a tour. When requesting an event, I trust the judgement of authors to indicate that their novel is family friendly (PG-13 or less). If for some reason a book has sensual, sexual, or adult content, please contact me at once at singinglibrarianbooks[at]gmail[dot]com.
- You must include an FTC disclosure in your review. You can view the FTC guidelines HERE. An example of an FTC disclosure is: “I received a copy of this book for review via SLB Tours.”
- SLB Tours will hold you to the terms and conditions of being part of this team (see policies section below).
- There are no blog or social media follower requirements to be a part of the SLB Tours Team. All that is required is that you post on your blog, as well as on retailer sites and social media, including, but not limited to Amazon, Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram etc.
- You are responsible for penciling in and keeping track of events and event dates you sign-up for. SLB Tours will confirm your dates when the “welcome” email is sent out. Note: Please double check to ensure you have your correct post date calendared.
- Please follow through with your commitments. If you sign-up to post for a tour, please post!
- All event posts must be up on your blog/site by 12 noon Eastern Time (USA). I do check, as do many authors.
- If reviewing, try to read as much of the book as you are able before posting your review. If for some reason you are unable to finish the book in time, please contact me and we will arrange for a book spotlight post and a deadline for the book to be reviewed by.
- All posts should be up by the end of the tour. If for some reason you are not able to post, please contact SLB Tours. Unless otherwise noted, all posts must be up by the end of the tour.
- If your post is not up by 12 noon Eastern Time (USA) or you miss a post, SLB Tours will email and see what is going on.
- If you are a reviewer only (don’t have a blog), your review should be up on Goodreads by 12 noon Eastern Time and a link sent to me to add to the event line-up.
- Note: If you consistently miss posts, or bail out of tours, I have the right to limit your event participation and/or remove you from the team. If you then prove you are consistent in posting, you may earn back the right to be added to more events.
- It is preferred, but not required that event posts are top for the day.
- Do not sell books received from SLB Tours. If you receive a print copy of a book, you are welcome to use it for a giveaway on your site.
- Your site must be family friendly and promote clean (PG-13 or less) to join the SLB Tours Team (i.e. no half dressed men and/or women; no inuendo on covers, etc.).
- If you email SLB Tours, typically I respond within a 24-hour time period, but please allow at least a turn-over of 2-3 business days.
- Books chosen for SLB Tours events can be from a variety of genres, and may not necessarily be Christian authors, but will contain clean content (free of sensual, sexual, and adult content).
- If you are interested in recommending authors to be featured via SLB tours, please feel free to have the author contact me at SLB Tours. I am always thrilled to promote and work with new authors.